Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Poetry Unit

So I've been MIA for quite awhile.  A lot of things have been going on in the Dover house and I hope to make an announcement in the next few weeks letting you know about all the changes that are going on! :)

Meanwhile I have finally, finally, FINALLY completed my first unit for TPT and posted it.  It's a poetry unit I've been working on for months.  I created this after searching on TPT for a pre-made poetry book my students could make.  I didn't have any success so I decided to make what I wanted. 



My unit is for both reading and writing.  The reading portion focuses on various comprehension strategies and includes an outline on how I use it in my class as well as some worksheets I created to go with the unit.  The poetry portion also includes an outline of how I use it as well as a poetry book students can make themselves.  It includes blank pages, examples and instructions for cinquains, hiakus, color, I am, and many other types of poetry.

I did this unit with my kiddos and they loved it!  We spent about 3 weeks on this unit total and each day was well worth it.  If you're looking for a great end of the year unit look no further!

And right now it is on sale.  In celebration of poetry month it is only $5.00 through the rest of April!  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment